Monday, January 5, 2015

Artisan Embellishments Kit and Blog Hop



I was very pleased and honored when my friend and fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator, Debbie Henderson, asked me to participate in a blog hop.  Debbie is an amazing papercrafter and artist who creates wonderful projects.  Check out her blog hop entry here.

For my blog hop project I used the Artisan Embellishment Kit (#137909) and Butterfly Basics Stamp Set (#138813) from the Occasions Catalog which starts Jan. 6.  The kit contains a variety of soft, vintage embellishments that add such pretty detail to cards and projects.   I used both of the doubled-sided die cut cards from the kit as a starting point - one Whisper White side up and the other Sahara Sand side up and used some of the coordinating embellishments on each card.

The first card has a Rose Red cardbase that coordinates with the Rose Red lace trim from the Artisan Embellishment Kit.  The top layer is the Whisper White side of one of the double-sided die cut cards from the kit set above a piece of solid Whisper White cardstock so the Rose Red shows through.  The Happy Birthday stamp is from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set and is stamped in Rose Red.  I cut one of the cute little doilies from the kit in half and tucked that under the Rose Red bow I made with the lace.  I adhered a crystal button to the middle of the bow and then adhered one of the small pearls also included in the kit inside the button.

Blushing Bride is one of my "go to" colors, so this second card is my favorite.  The cardbase is Sahara Sand with a layer of Very Vanilla.  The Sahara Sand side of the die cut card is placed on the Very Vanilla, half a doily adhered to that, then a small strip of Blushing Bride cardstock goes along the edge and ied finished with four of the pretty Blushing Bride roses from the kit.  Happy Birthday is from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set and is stamped in Blushing Bride.  Pearls from the kit add a classy touch.


In addition to posting a card or project, the hop creators asked each participant to answer the following four questions:

1.   What are you working on?
Answer: I am getting ready for a "Fun Folds" class that will feature Occasions and SAB products. We will make a few non-card projects that we don't normally make at our monthly card classes, such as a card-in-a-box, cup and saucer and screen card.  After that, my regular monthly class in February will be all about Valentine's Day and more Occasions products.


2.  How does your work differ from others in your genre?
Answer:  I tend to keep my work clean and simple; not a lot of embellishments or layers.  That's one reason I bought the Artisan Embellishment Kit.  It helped me think outside my box a little!  


3.  Why do you create what you  do?
Answer:  I've always been a big crafter.  I knit and crochet, sew and quilt, do a little beadwork and wooden projects.  I held off getting into stamping for a long time, because I didn't think I had time for another hobby.  But once I tried it I was hooked.  I really like how quickly I can get results, unlike quilting or knitting that can take so long to finish a project.  And I've always wanted to be able to paint something other than paint-by-numbers!  Stampin' Up! products make it simple and so satisfying. It just makes me feel good.


4.  How does your creativity process work?

Answer:  I wouldn't say I really have an actual "process".  I usually start with an idea from a stamp set, let it simmer for a while, then start trying to get it onto paper.  I am a really messy stamper and have to have everything in front of me, which can be a bit of a problem!  

I have nominated Tracy Roy, fellow SU demonstrator and member of the Maine Stampers group, to participate in this blog hop.  Tracy and I run into each other from time to time at different Stampin' Up! events around the state. She will post her blog hop project Jan. 12.  I'm sure it will be great, as the rest of her projects are.  Check out her site here.


I hope you've enjoyed my part of the blog hop - thanks for taking the time to join the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment