Friday, December 8, 2017

Clean and Simple Christmas Card

Clean and simple is my style, so this card was easy for me.  Don't get me wrong, I love the cards with embellishments, layers upon layers, collages, etc., but whenever I try to make them, it just doesn't work.  So, I just keep it simple, like this card.



Did you know the pattern on one of the candles from the Merry Patterns stamp set matches the design on one of the papers from the Be Merry DSP?  Well, neither did I until I looked closer at it!

So I first stamped the candle outline and verse in black, then stamped one set of candle patterns with Cherry Cobbler and the other with Garden Green.  Flames are Crushed Curry.

My go-to framelits lately are the awesome Stitched Shape framelits, so I used the oval for this and popped it up over a strip of Garden Green.

I really like the thick Whisper White cardstock.  It makes a perfect cardbase, especially for a card like this.... Quick. Clean. Simple!

See what the other design team members made by going to our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment