Monday, May 21, 2018

SSINK Technique Challenge: Sponging Sunsets

We are so lucky to have a beautiful view of the White Mountains and some of the sunsets we see are just spectacular.  The colors for this challenge were easy to duplicate because of that.






I first made a 'stencil' by cutting an oval out of scrap paper with one of our oval framelits and placing it on top of a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I started by sponging Crushed Curry on the bottom of the oval, then Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral and Cherry Cobbler.  When I took off the stencil, there was a perfect sunset oval.  Then I stamped the tree from Thoughts and Prayers on one side and the verse from the same set on the other.  I think this made a lovely sympathy card.


The other design team members took this challenge too and made some great sunset cards.  Go here to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment