Wednesday, July 18, 2018

SSINK - Here's Cathy




As I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do for this 'get to know me' post, I spent some time looking through photos I haven't seen in a while.  Fun memories!  Then I realized the best way to get to know me is to walk through those photos with me.  I hope you enjoy them!



I live in Bethel, Maine, a lovely little town in the western Maine mountains with my husband and dog. I grew up here, and except for a few years living on the coast after college, I have always lived here.  It's truly a special place.

During the day I work at Gould Academy, an independent college prep boarding school.  If you have a high school age student who would like to go to a great New England boarding school, let me know.  I work in the Admissions Office...just sayin!  But hurry, because I am retiring in January, and I can not wait!



My husband and I have a few unusual hobbies.

We often fly through the valley in our powered parachute (he flies it, I enjoy the scenery), or in our Piper Cherokee when we want to go longer distances.







When we're not in the air, we're chugging around town in our 1931 Model A Ford which we lovingly restored,







or our 1927 Model T Ford, which came to live with us in one piece, not in 13 boxes like the Model A did!





In the late winter, early spring, we collect sap and boil down maple syrup in a little sugar house we built a few years ago.





I love to garden, maintain the lawns and work around the house in the summer. 






And when I'm not outside enjoying the great Maine outdoors, I like to create in many ways.  Besides stamping, I crochet, quilt, stencil  and sew.




There it is...me in a nutshell.  I hope you enjoyed learning a little about me and will continue to get to know me through my blog and SSINKspiration.  Thanks!  And God Bless.


















No comments:

Post a Comment