Friday, November 16, 2018

Stenciled sign

Ever think about using your framelits to make a stencil?  Well, it works!

I had been looking everywhere for a stenciled laundry sign to put between the windows in my laundry room.  Then realized I could make my own stencil with Stampin' Up!s large alphabet framelit dies.

 First, I found a piece of scrap wood that was just the right size and painted it a flat black.
 While that was drying, I used my Big Shot and cut the letters L A U N D R Y from a heavy piece of cardstock using the Large Alphabet framelit dies.
 I placed my stencil on the piece of wood, taped it down so it wouldn't move, and stenciled it with white paint.
 I like to distress my painted signs a little, so I used fine sandpaper and sanded some of the paint off the edges and corners.
Looks pretty good, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment