Sunday, December 30, 2018

Oldie but goodie - Lovely as a Tree




This stamp set can never go away! I pulled this out yesterday to make these sympathy cards and realized how long I've had it and how much I've used it.


I cut an oval in the center of a piece of cardstock the same size as my top layer and placed it over the solid piece of white.  Using a sponge brayer, I rolled Balmy Blue ink over the oval.


Then stamped the line of trees onto the oval.  At first I was having trouble getting enough ink onto the stamp to leave a good image.  So I colored the stamp first with a Soft Suede marker, then stamped it in the ink pad.  That worked!



Using a dauber, I picked up Pear Pizzaz and rubbed it on the bottom of the tree image to look like grass.


I removed the oval "stencil", and finished the card by stamping the large single tree on the side so it overlaps into the oval and the verse on the other side.  I also stamped the single tree on the bottom of the envelope.

Thanks Lovely as a Tree.  You never let me down!








1 comment:

  1. I enjoy seeing your card ideas. I too use Lovely as a tree, good for many different kinds of cards...

    ReplyDelete