Saturday, January 25, 2020

Happy Birthday To You

My favorite Sale-a-bration product is the Happy Birthday To You stamp set. And in February you can get coordinating dies that cut out the cake and flowers!  Who wouldn't love getting a special birthday card like this.....

I made this special card for a friend who likes purple.  I think she will love it!

The cardbase is Gorgeous Grape, the second layer is Highland Heather and the flowers are colored with the light and dark Highland Heather Stampin' Blends. Can't get much more purpley than that!

Leaves are colored with light and dark Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends, buds and berries are Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends and cut out leaves are Granny Apple Green.

The cake is highlighted with an Ivory Stampin' Blend.


Besides all the coloring with Stampin'Blends, there are a lot of techniques in this card that really help it pop.


The Whisper White layer the cake sits on is run through the Country Floral embossing folder. But I didn't emboss the entire piece - I left the bottom smooth so I could stamp the greeting on it.

And look at that cake stand! With the coordinating dies, you can cut out a cake stand instead of coloring it, so I thought the Silver Foil paper would be perfect.

And to keep the silver theme going, I wrapped Silver Metallic Edged ribbon around it. But before I did that, I colored it with the Dark Highland Heather Stampin' Blend. Did you know you can color satin ribbon with Stampin' Blends? It's a great way to customize your projects!


To add a little subtle sparkle to the card, I used a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush over the painted flowers. It's such a pretty, sparkly touch.

And finally, I added a few purple gems from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones pack.

Happy Birthday to my special friend!





Watch this video to see the coordinating products that will be available February 4. You know you want them all!





















No comments:

Post a Comment