Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Shaded Summer

 I was really happy when Stampin' Up! carried the Shaded Summer stamp set and Summer Shadows dies into the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog.  We didn't have a chance to use it last year, so I am having a great time making lots of this with it now. Take a look.

You can't go wrong with pink, black and white! 

With this card, I created the background by stamping the smaller floral stamp over a piece of Polished Pink cardstock with Polished Pink ink. This is such a fun way to make your own DSP.

I don't heat emboss much, but whenever I do I just love it!

Look how simple this is! I used a piece of Orchid Oasis DSP and stamped the flowers with Versamark then heat embossed with white embossing powder. Wow!

 How fun is that White Fringed Ribbon? Instead of wrapping it around, I cut it to the right length and fringed the ends, then used the other side of the DSP for the verse.




The coordinating Summer Shadow dies can be used by themselves to make beautiful cards.


The flowers and leaves in this card were cut from Basic White cardstock then the solid pieces were sponged with green and pink (not sure exactly what colors, as I used whatever was left in my Stampin' Brushes!).


Notice the Splatters background? That folder is the small size, so I embossed both ends of the paper so it would be totally covered.

The verse is from the Go To Greetings stamp set. This set has nice, basic greetings in three different sizes and fonts. I think I will be using this set often.

Bam! Look at how those yellows pop with the black accents! Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry flowers, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz green. Softened a little by sponging Balmy Blue around the Basic White layer.

The flowers are the same die as in the card above, but I filled them in to make solid petals.

I used Stitched Rectangle and Scallop Contour dies in several of these cards - both are my go-to favorites.


I just love all the different types of flowers the Shaded Summer stamp set and Summer Shadows dies can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment