Saturday, August 6, 2011

Butterfly Pansies

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I seem to forget to take pics, then send off the card never to be seen again! But I wanted to share this pretty one with you before it goes in the mail today.

Believe it or not, the pansies are made from the butterfly punch! It's really pretty easy: use shimmery white or glossy white paper, punch out two butterflies for each pansy you want to make. Spritz them with water, then using an aqua painter and ink refills, pick up ink and drop it along the outside edge of the butterfly, then pick up the center color and drop it in the middle. It's fun to watch the ink move around in the water. Let them dry, draw what I call 'whiskers' in the center, place one on top of the other like '+', and put a brad through the middle.

Thanks again Deb, for inviting me to demonstrate this technique at your crop. I had a great time with a wonderful group of ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment