Monday, April 3, 2017

Color Challenge SSINKCC#44



The colors in the color challenge are interesting, and nothing I would normally use:  Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight and Chocolate Chip.


So I looked through my stamp sets until I found one I hadn't used in a while and came up with Sprinkles of Life, which I knew would make a good tree using Cucumber Crush, then everything else fell into place.

I like making easel cards and thought this set would look nice designed that way.  So I stamped a simple tree in Choc. Chip and Crushed Cucumber, then sprinkle rain drops and clouds above it.  I popped up the clouds and placed a couple so they overlap the edges.  Then I thought it needed a little more, so I added Dazzling Details to the raindrops to make them sparkle.

Of course all the rain helps the flowers to grow, so I scattered a few rows of flowers over the ground.

Everything is layered on Cucumber Crush that's embossed with the Petal Burst embossing folder.

This was a colorful and fun card to make.  Check out what the other design team members made for this challenge by going to the SSINKpiration blog.  Make sure you leave a comment - we love hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, love your easel card!! I haven't made one of those in ages! The embossed leaves look great on this card, too.

    ReplyDelete