Monday, April 24, 2017

Technique Challenge: SSINKTC#44 - Salted Background


Background techniques are so much fun.  This one was fun because you never get the same effect twice.

For my card I used three re-inkers:  Night of Navy, Island Indigo and Bermuda Bay.  When you drop the ink onto the wet paper it's kind of magical...it's fun to watch how the water moves the ink around. The larger, coarser salt you use, the better it will work.


I layered the salted background onto Basic Black, then onto a Bermuda Bay cardbase.  I played around with the different color dragonflies until I realized it needed a little "bling" with the silver foil.  The verse is heat embossed with sliver embossing powder that coordinates with the dragonflies.

Pretty!

The other design team members have made more great cards with the technique.  Check them out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment