Monday, July 17, 2017

SSINK Technique - Ink, Spray and Smash!


I really like different background techniques, and this one was lots of fun.  A little messy, but fun.

As some of you might know, I don't always follow directions.  Sometimes I mess up by mistake...sometimes on purpose!  This time it was just a happy accident!

One piece came out just like the instructions say, but somehow I got too much water on the other piece, so when I blotted it off with a paper towel, it left the impression from the towel....and I love it!





The background of these pretty popcicles is the smooth version of this technique.  I used Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight re-inkers, and where they blended together it created a color very close to Melon Mambo!










This triple-decker ice cream cone is on the piece I blotted off with paper towel, which created that unique pattern.





These two cards are really colorful and fun.  Check out the SSINK blog to see what the other Design Team Members have done with their background technique.



4 comments:

  1. Terrific results with the technique Cathy! I love happy accidents too! Your cards make me want to go eat some ice cream now! Enjoy the summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great! My glossy paper had too much water also, I just used another piece of glossy paper to make a third ( & a fourth!) print. But I love how your paper towel textured piece looks... Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your cards, Cathy!! I think you may have made a new technique... Paper Towel Texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.
    Thanks For more information visit
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete