Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY Sunday


I love DO-IT-YOURSELF projects!  Today I decided to cover up the glass door that leads into our office - or really, the junk room.  I thought I had a sheer curtain, or a piece of fabric that would work, but didn't find anything.  But I did find a bamboo roll-up curtain I had purchased years ago that, after a few "adjustments", works great.
I had to trim about four inches off of both sides, which was a bit messy. At first I was going to toss out the mini pick-up-sticks I created, but then thought they might "come in handy" sometime.


Then it hit me!  How cute would it be to adhere them to the bottom of a card made with the woodgrain background and my favorite owl punch!

1 comment:

  1. What a great addition to a lovely card! Reduce, recycle, and "re-use". You repurposed the blinds perfectly. Looks like you have to make LOTS more cards,though, to use up all of your bamboo pieces!

    ReplyDelete