Friday, April 7, 2017

SSINK Friday Favorite: Embossing Folder






What is my favorite embossing folder?  That's a really hard question!  It all depends on the day because I love them all!  But lately I've really been enjoying the Petal Burst embossing folder because it adds a lot of movement and texture to your projects.


I added color to the top of what most people would consider the back side of the embossed piece by using a hard brayer, but you could use our sponge brayers too.  This technique fills in between the petals instead of on top of them.

And instead of embossing the entire piece of Whisper White, I left the bottom alone so I would have a place to stamp a verse.  Then I wrapped a piece of ribbon around it, added the layer to another piece of Whisper White and onto a Sweet Sugarplum cardbase.

But wait...there's more!




Here is the reverse of the technique.  I ran a brayer  over the top of the petals so they are colored now.  This adds a lot of color and really changes the look.













Which do you like best?












Check out the favorite embossing folders of the rest of the SSINKspiration design team members.  And remember to leave your comments.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I like them both, just would have to try each one for different card themes...

    ReplyDelete