Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sunflowers!


Sunflowers are my all time favorite flower, so I just can't get enough of all the sunflowers in the catalog this year! Big and bright - can't beat it. These pretty cards are made with the new Jar of Flowers stamp set.

The same colors are used in both cards, but the designs are different.









The first card I made has a field of sunflowers across the bottom.  I made this by making a mask by cutting out the sunflower image, placing it on the white cardstock then stamping on both sides of it. That leaves an opening to stamp in, which lets all the image blend into one big field of flowers.






This photo shows all the pretty colors of the flowers: Mango Melody, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Pool Party, Crumb Cake. Notice that eventhough I used a couple new In-Colors for the cardbase, layer and ribbon, I didn't use them to color with. In-Colors are designed to coordinate with the other colors we have - and they sure do!







Here's a good tip for saving paper.

Because all you see are the edges of the layers, you don't need to use the entire piece. Simply cut out the middle and use the inside for something else!








The second card I made uses the same sunflower stamp, but looks totally different. I cut out the little red flower and bottom sunflower then popped it up so it spills over the top of the jar a little and adds some nice dimension to the card.









I used the center piece of DSP that I cut out to make the jar. Then wrapped a piece of retired green twine around the top of the jar.

The greeting from Celebrate Sunflowers is embossed with white embossing powder on Basic Black cardstock.

LOVE the sunflowers!!!





















2 comments: