Sunday, September 12, 2010

Projects from Tools Class

CRIMPER: The Bride and Groom cards were a big hit - and so, so simple. I kept a couple packs of Blush Blossom cardstock when it retired and used that in the bride card, but the new In-Color Blushing Bride would work too. The pumpin cards were examples of different styles of crimping - the one on the left is crimped only part way up the front, and the black ground is crimped one way, then turned and crimped the other.


AIR SPRITZER: This tool is a bit of a challenge, but once you figure it out, it creates some nice effects. Placement of the marker and continuous movement is key.





STAMP-A-MA-JIG: I can't live without my Stamp-a-ma-jig! Those who had never used it are total believers in it now too. I designed this simple card to demonstrate the ease of placing words into a small box.




CROP-A-DILE: We had fun with this tool! I showed how it punches through just about anything - cork, metal, layers of fun foam, chipboard, etc. I cut small samples of all the new cardstock so the stampers could use the Crop-a-dile to punch through 5-6 layers at a time then put in a notebook ring so they could have their own cardstock sample ring.


This photo is of a napkin ring I made using roof flashing. First I cut it to size using my tabletop cutter, then embossed it using the new Finial Press folder, punched hole in the ends and secured it with brads. Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment