Friday, June 29, 2018

SSINK Create a Card Swap





Today I am participating in a fun "create a card" swap with the rest of the SSINK Design Team.  Each of us put together pieces to make a card, then sent them to our partner for them to "create a card"!  No guidelines, layouts or tutorials, just our own imagination!



Cheryl Hamilton sent me an envelope full of pretty pieces to put together.  See what she did to the outside of the envelope!

And she was right. Fun stuff WAS inside!

This is what I found when I opened the envelope!

Cheryl put together lovely pieces from the Petal Promenade Suite.  LOTS of pieces! Even pieces that could go into the envelope to make it pop.  She made the envelope liner and doily using the Beautiful Layers Thinlits Die.

I don't use a lot of embellishments on my cards, so the Rose Metallic Cord, doily and Rhinestone Gems scared me a bit!  But I pushed through it and used them all!



I wanted to feature the large floral piece of DSP, so instead of using it on the front of the card, I made a Z-fold card and used it on the inside. I cut the doily in half and adhered two pieces to the top and bottom of the smaller floral square, tucked the metallic cord and vellum leaves under that and adhered all to the Highland Heather center strip.  I sliced a small piece from the Highland Heather strip put it on the outside edge of the inside floral piece.  Then "blinged" it up with the pretty gemstones.

When closed, the Highland Heather pieces line up and look like one piece.  Pretty!


Thank you Cheryl, for this fun and challenging project!  See what the other design team members made with their envelopes of fun by going to our blog.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You used EVERYTHING! Just LOVE what you did with all the little goodies I sent. This paper is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete