Friday, October 20, 2023

Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks

They call them masks.....I call them stencils, and I love to stencil!

The Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks has a single step snowflake, fall leaves and an argyle mask, plus a great 4-step sunflower mask. 

Let's start with the sunflowers.







These masks are designed so you can easily place them by lining up the notch on the top and following the numbers.





First, I placed the #1 mask on my grid paper and traced the corner with the notch so I can easily line up the next masks. I also like to put a little piece of washi tape on the top so the mask doesn't move around.



Next, I put a piece of either Basic White or Very Vanilla cardstock under the mask and tape down the bottom.

I used Daffodil Delight ink and a Blending Brush to color the sunflowers. By adding more ink to the center of the flowers, you can get some very pretty shading.

When I finished coloring the flowers, I carefully lifted up the mask and replaced it with #2 mask.


You can't see it from this photo, but I lined the mask up with the notch, then taped the top to hold it in place.

Although it looks like the leaves have a couple different colors of ink, I actually just used Old Olive, but added more ink to the top of the leaves to give them some different shades of green.




The third mask is the center of the flower. To get a pretty, two-toned look, this step should be a lighter shade of brown or tan. I used Crumb Cake.









And I used Copper Clay ink on the final mask to let the Crumb Cake center pop out.






When you remove the final mask this is what you get!







This makes a lovely card the way it is (like the card at the top). But when you cut everything out and layer them together, you get this.....











No comments:

Post a Comment