Sunday, March 6, 2016

Background Stamp Series - Brushstroke

I love using Stampin' Up!s great background stamps, but sometimes they can be a bit overwhelming and hard to handle.  So I want to show you how much fun they can be, and will be posting a series of projects using a variety of current background stamps.

My first project uses the new Brushstrokes stamp (#138952 wood).  And instead of basic stripes, I decided to make a plaid, or gingham (for those of us old enough to remember what gingham is!) background.


Here's how I did it:

First, using the lighter shade, stamp in one direction.  Here I used Soft Sky.  One of the things I really like about the Brushstroke stamp is that the lines aren't solid, so it has a very watercolor look.




Next I stamped in the other direction with Pool Party and voila!  Instant gingham!









That was so much fun that I decided to try it with pink!  I used Pink Pirouette one way and Blushing Bride the other way.

And here are the cards I made from them.....


No comments:

Post a Comment