Monday, March 7, 2016

Background Stamp Series - Dots for Days

Who doesn't like polka dots?  This big background stamp creates wonderful dots that are perfect for all types of projects.

This first project is a card who's background is entirely polka dots.



I started by stamping the Dots for Days stamp onto Soft Sky cardstock using Island Indigo ink.










Then I stamped and cut a variety of flowers using the Flower Patch stamp set and Flower Fair Framelits.  I used bright colors, like Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry make the flowers stand out then adhered all that to an Island Indigo cardbase.  Pretty!







This Get Well Soup set makes a great get well card.  I like to stamp twice with this stamp; once onto Whisper White, then once onto either DSP, or in this case, paper I've stamped with Dots for Days, then cut out the bowl and adhere onto the card I've stamped on WW.











You don't always have to use a background stamp on a card.  I made my husband this Valentine treat holder by stamping Dots for Days with Melon Mambo onto Pink Pirouette, then cut it out using the Fry Box Bigz die.  The bear holding the heart is from the Occasions catalog.







No comments:

Post a Comment