Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Background Stamp Series - Hardwood


The Hardwood Background Stamp makes a nice background for many types of cards and projects. 


The first card I made was stamped with Soft Suede ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock, then cut into "boards" so I could build a fence!





 I snipped off the tops of the "fence posts" then assembled it, a little crooked, and placed a wreath made from Circle of Spring on it.  Oops! I forgot the bow - that's what's happens when I stamp at 5:00am!!

The grass is made from a strip of Garden Green cardstock cut with Fringe Scissors then trimmed so it wasn't so straight.





The second card I made was stamped with Smokey Slate ink onto Smokey Slate cardstock for a softer look.  I then used an oval framelit to cut a oval in the center and stamped words from one of my favorite sets, Feel Goods, onto Whisper White and placed that behind the oval.  I used the Bird Builder Punch for the Pear Pizzazz leaves and stamped flowers in Blushing Bride using the Petite Petals stamp set then punched them out with the coordinating punch.


   Two completely different looks using the same background. Love it!


 



Check out this awesome chart! I feel like I'm in the hardware store looking at paint and stain samples when I look at it!  Thanks to Jessica Williams for creating this and posting it on Pinterest for all of us to use.
















No comments:

Post a Comment