Saturday, May 6, 2017

Starry, starry night

We're having an afternoon techniques and fancy folds class tomorrow - I can't wait!  I've been busy making fun projects using techniques like masking, paper piecing, faux silk and the reflection technique.

This card uses several techniques.  First, I made the reflection using Lovely as a Tree.  Then I punched two circles out of a Post-it Note and stuck them onto the night sky and the water. Using the sponge brayer and Soft Sky ink I color over the top and bottom to the land line.  Then changed to Night of Navy and colored a little on the bottom, and more on the top to make a dark night sky.  I took off the circles to reveal a bright moon and its reflection.  The grass is colored using a Watercolor Pencil.

The card was really pretty at that point, but I wanted to pop it up.  So I covered it with VersaMark, sprinkled Heat 'n Stick over it and heated it.  Then sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds and heated that, and BAM!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and I can hardly wait to try my hand at all the techniques...

    ReplyDelete