Friday, May 1, 2020

Mountain Air Birthday Card

I decided I would take a break from making cards with retiring products and make a birthday card with a set that will be returning.



The Mountain Air stamp set and Majestic Mountain Dies make lovely cards for any occasion.

For this card I used a sponge roller and rolled Pumpkin Pie ink across the middle of a piece of Whisper White cardstock, then rolled Real Red from the top down into the Pumpkin Pie to create a pretty sunset.

I cleaned my roller and picked up Seaside Spray and rolled that across the bottom to create the water.

For the mountains, I used Gray Granite ink and the solid side of the stamp (these stamps are two sided!), then moved it up and stamped again to get the lighter mountains. It wasn't quite dark enough for me the first time, so I did it again.

The row of trees and reflection, as well as the verse and birds, are all stamped with Night of Navy Ink, and the die cut tree and cardbase are also Night of Navy.



You can see from this closeup how pretty the sky is and how the Night of Navy makes everything pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment