Monday, March 19, 2018

Technique Challenge - Reflections




I've done quite a few reflection technique cards, but I usually used the Lovely as a Tree stamp set.  So I thought I would try something different and used High Tide this time.

First, I stuck a sticky note across the Whisper White cardstock to make a nice, straight horizon.  Then I colored the bottom with Marina Mist with a brayer, took off the sticky note and lightly colored the sky with Marina Mist too.

I stamped the sun and the birds directly onto the Whisper White, then stamped them onto a Stamp-a-ma-jig image sheet, turned them upside down, placed them in the water as the reflection and rubbed the ink onto the paper.

The words are stamped in Marina Mist.  And if you look closely, the sun and the word SHINE sparkles a little with Wink of Stella.

I hope you take a few minutes to try this technique.  Check out what the other design team members made by going to the Stampin', Stylin' INKspiration blog.  And remember to leave your comment - we love hearing from you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love that! The sun is sparkly & so pretty & your shading is really nice. It's fun to see this technique with different stamp sets... not just trees.

    ReplyDelete