Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Catch of the Day Birthday Card

Masculine birthday cards can be a challenge to make.  But the Catch of the Day stamp set and coordinating dies makes wonderful cards for your favorite guy.

First, I stamped the lure all over a piece of Old Olive cardstock with Old Olive ink. Then to make a little water effect, I tore the bottom edge. Under that I added a piece of torn Night of Navy, added a piece of Seaside Spray under that and adhered all of that onto the Soft Suede cardbase.

The fisherman is stamped in Night of Navy then cut out with an oval stitched die. And the Pear Pizzazz cattails add a nice detail.

Look at the details in the big fish! I only used three colors of Stampin' Blends, but they blended together to look like more was used: Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Mint Macaron.

See how the fins pop up? How cool is that!











Inside Happy Birthday from "I Made You a Card" stamp set is stamped in Night of Navy and the lure is stamped in Old Oliver.

I think any guy would be happy to get this birthday card!












No comments:

Post a Comment