Friday, March 10, 2017

SSINK Birthday Card




This Birthday Card challenge serves a few purposes for me.....I need a birthday card for the middle of March, and need a new design for our March stamp class.  Handy!




I really like this big, bold stamp from the Big on Birthdays stamp set in the Occasions catalog.  I stamped that in Memento Black on Whisper White then colored the flowers with a variety of markers and adhered that onto a Basic Black cardbase.

Before adhering the Pear Pizzazz layer to the bottom of the card, I ran it through the Petal Burst embossing folder then added a strip of Sweet Sugarplum to connect the top and bottom.  Notice how I left a little black showing?  I think that makes everything pop.

The pearls were a last minute addition.  Works for me!







The other Design Team members have awesome cards on the SSINK blog.  Check them out and leave your comments - we love comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment