Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Oval Occasions

 Another sweet bundle from the Jan-June Mini Catalog is Oval Occasions. The stamp set has fun, small verses and images, and the coordinating punch has two sizes of ovals.

The first cards I made were baby cards using the Welcome Little One stamp. And of course I couldn't make just one!





The bottom paper is from the Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper. One card has Blushing Bride cardstock and ink, and the other uses Seaside Spray cardstock and ink that were run through the Tasteful Textures 3D Embossing Folder. Both are on a Sahara Sand cardbase.



The inside is fun too. I adhered a strip of DSP and cardstock along the bottom, then stamped Time to Celebrate with lots of hearts above it.


These bunnies are so cute! I wanted to keep the card simple, so I stamped them onto Whisper White, colored them then cut them out using one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies and cut the larger die from Crushed Curry. 

Those were adhered together and popped up on a strip of Old Olive that was adhered across the center of a piece of Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper. The cardbase is Old Olive. I thought the two large pearls added a little bling!

I think adding a little extra to the inside of cards is important. So once again, I added a strip of DSP and colored paper and more stamping to the bottom of the inside of the card.

So much for pastels! This bright thank you card is made from scraps of Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point and Garden Green.



The verse is colored with markers, "huffed", stamped onto Whisper White and punched out of the scalloped oval. Then solid Pacific Point ovals are adhered to the back, then onto the card.


Then finally, I thought it was time for a treat! 







So I used gold embossing powder on the verse and stars, added a couple gold pearls and ate the other package!


No comments:

Post a Comment